Migrating from iEFIS G2 EXP1.bin to EXP2.bin systems
From firmware version 18.104.22.168 the binary file format is changing to EXP2.BIN (previously EXP1.BIN). For Explorer systems that have not yet been updated to boot loader version 22.214.171.124 or later (released here on the 11th of September 2013), please update your bootloader so your iEFIS Explorer will from now on accept the new EXP2.BIN file. Challenger systems have the new boot loader installed and do not have to be updated.
Download and update your bootloader:
Download the file Bootload.obd (or Bootload.zip if your browser is not allowing you to download the OBD file). If you download the Bootload.zip file, please extract the Bootload.obd file from the zip archive after download. Copy the Bootload.obd file into the root folder of your Micro-
Note: Until you install the EXP2.BIN file the new bootloader will continue loading the existing internal EXP1.BIN file. Once you have loaded the new EXP2.BIN file this will be loaded at startup. You can then delete the EXP1.BIN file from your internal SSD drive using the file manager to reclaim the space used by this file.
Summary (if you have not yet updated your boot loader):
1) Download new bootloader and copy file Bootload.obd onto root folder of SD micro card.
2) Download new EXP2.BIN file and copy onto root folder of SD micro card.
3) Insert into EFIS and switch on (the old bootloader will not see the EXP2.BIN file so no update happens).
4) Navigate to the "replace bootloader" function as described above, follow the prompts as required.
5) The EFIS should restart after a few seconds automatically. If not, cycle power after the EFIS reports that new bootloader is installed.
6) Observe that the new Bootloader is loading the EXP2.BIN file.
7) After system starts the update is done. Optionally remove the old EXP1.BIN file from your internal SSD drive using the file manager (check that EXP2.BIN is indeed present on the SSD drive -
|How to find us|
|Map of the MGL Website|
|Military supply policy|
|iEFIS Flight Instrumentation|
|VHF Navigation receiver|
|RDAC engine monitors|
|AHRS and Compass sensors|
|Electronic circuit breaker (ECB)|
|Probes and Senders|
|Using the V16|
|Garrecht Stand-alone Transponders|
|Garrecht Remote Mount|
|Trig Avionics remote transponder|
|SP-12 ADS-B GPS|
|EFIS Accessories: Ferrites|
|RDAC CAN (Rotax 912iS)|
|RDAC CAN (UL Power)|
|RDAC CAN MWB22|
|Probes and Senders 2|
|Probes and Senders 3|
|Probes and Senders 4|
|Legacy products: Accessories 1|
|Legacy products: Accessories 2|
|Legacy products: AHRS and compass|
|Southern Africa Navidata|
|Raster maps Southern Africa|
|MGL Vector map and terrain data|
|Terrain data for G3|
|iEFIS G3 Firmware|
|iEFIS G2 Firmware|
|Odyssey/Voyager G2 Firmware|
|Odyssey/Voyager G1 updates|
|CAN Devices Firmware|
|RF Devices Firmware|
|iEFIS G3 updates|
|Updating G3 Firmware|
|iBOX V1 Firmware|
|iEFIS G3 - rebuilding internal disk|
|iEFIS G2 updates|
|EXP1 to EXP2 migration|
|iEFIS sound file install|
|iEFIS G2 previous firmware versions|
|Updating iEFIS G2 Firmware|
|iEFIS G2 - rebuilding internal disk|
|iEFIS version checks|
|iBOX V1 Firmware updates|
|Odyssey/Voyager G2 updates|
|Update instructions for the Odyssey/Voyager G2|
|Odyssey/Voyager G2 previous releases|
|Tools and applications|