EFIS Challenger Lite - Audio signal

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
Mupe100

EFIS Challenger Lite - Audio signal

Post by Mupe100 »

Hello to all, i´m totally down, spent a lot of money with EFIS, RDAC, SP6, SP7, AP etc. I have wired as in Manual the audio signal to the Intercom - and i have a humming signal all the time - except a message is said. Anybody a solution? (There are lots mor things to solve - Cant get the fuelpress to run, etc.) I am very disappointed.....
Peté
Mikeyb

Re: EFIS Challenger Lite - Audio signal

Post by Mikeyb »

I too am struggling with the audio output of my iEFIS lite. The AOA system works very well and would be so much more useful if the vario tone worked
bvolcko

Post by bvolcko »

The vario tone must be enabled in the Action menu . At least that’s my experience.
iEFIS Discovery Lite
in a Xenos motor glider
LaneRM

Post by LaneRM »

I had some clicking sounds when I installed my V16 to my MX1, and Michigan Avionics had me install some resistors like this:

The 10k resistor will go on the signal wire between the radio and the MX1. AFTER this resistor, on the radio side, one end of the 1k resistor goes on the signal wire and the other end on a ground.
1.png
1.png (16.54 KiB) Viewed 6830 times
Might help your case if you haven't done this. If the installation isn't finalized it shouldn't be too hard to add these and test it.
Mikeyb

Post by Mikeyb »

I used the 10:1 resistive divider recommended by MGL and described by LaneRM and adjusted the V16 aux input level to get a good comprise. The audio is still slightly distorted but good enough.
Mike
sparxfly

Post by sparxfly »

LaneRM wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:36 pm I had some clicking sounds when I installed my V16 to my MX1, and Michigan Avionics had me install some resistors like this:

The 10k resistor will go on the signal wire between the radio and the MX1. AFTER this resistor, on the radio side, one end of the 1k resistor goes on the signal wire and the other end on a ground.

1.png

Might help your case if you haven't done this. If the installation isn't finalized it shouldn't be too hard to add these and test it.
just a comment- the diagram is incorrect- it shows the 1K0 resistor on the EFIS side of the 10K resistor. It should be on the V16 side to give a 1/11 divider of the audio from the EFIS.
Stuart
NZ MGL dealer
andynoiseboy

Post by andynoiseboy »

I agree with @sparxfly. The diagram above is not an attenuator as intended. The 10k should be on the MX1 output before the 1k load resistor. Also, it is best to place this as close to the V16 input as possible (within the connector plug) so as to also attenuate any induced cable noise.