IEFIS Chalenger audio

Post here anything related to the MGL EFIS systems
Forum rules
Please keep your posts friendly and on topic. No politics or discussions of a controversial nature not related to our favorite subject of flying and avionics. Offending posts may be removed or moderated.
sapril001

IEFIS Chalenger audio

Post by sapril001 »

Hi,
I just installed a Chalenger IEFIS with a V16 radio on my airplane , the audio is working I am greeted with the usual ''GPS Available '' and ''Waypoint Arrival' every time I energize my panel. I have set the alarms low and high for most of the sensors connected to my RDACS. The problem I have is I can not have the audio with any alarms. I can not find either the location in the menu where we can select the voice words for each individual alarm, there must be a place similar to the Odyssey where we can select those individual on or off voice message.

Thanks
Sylvain April, Murphy Moose.
rainier
Site Admin

Re: IEFIS Chalenger audio

Post by rainier »

Effectively this has been moved to the individual item - for example if you want alarms for oil pressure you go to the oil pressure setup menu and you will then find a setting what to do in case of alarm including audio. There is no need to select the phrases as we did with the old systems. The idea at the time was to make it flexible so you could record your own phrases in whatever language and create the audio file accordingly - that's what the Enigma voice application was for. You would record the various phrases in a normal WAV file and that would then be compressed using a custom algorithm and gathered into the sounds file that you use with the EFIS.
But nobody used this as far as I can tell so it was ditched when we did the iEFIS for a more straight forward and simpler way for the user.
sapril001

Re: IEFIS Chalenger audio

Post by sapril001 »

Thanks for the explanations, that Odyssey I had was amazing I flew behind it for ten years without any problem at all after it was set up.
I still have to tune things on this new iEFIS but it show very nice capability also.

Thanks
Sylvain